Piolo, I dreamed of you last night. Did you dream of me too?


Jan. 4, 2011
Tuesday
9:34am
Dream sequence

I was following Piolo Pascual around. The reason is unclear. I’m not sure if I was interviewing him for a magazine or I was just kibitzing. I was walking around in a commercial district when I saw him. He recognized me and then there I was following him around. We were in Cubao X or someplace similar.

Suddenly we had to attend a film awards and I had nothing to wear. Piolo offers to lend me some of his clothes so we go to a changing room. Piolo tells his assistant to find me something to wear. I should note that he was not at all warm --- he was aloof and guarded. A stylist joins us. She was accompanying Piolo to the event. Piolo tells her that I needed an outfit. She half-heartedly picks one for me. She also picks out a necklace with a huge blue brooch in the middle. This will look good on you, she said. I put it on and I look ridiculous. I would take it off when they weren’t looking. The assistant gives me another outfit, which I finally wear. It was a white top made in something like pina. She tells me it’s expensive. I ask her how much it costs. Eight thousand, she says and I thought keribelles lang. I don’t have to worry about spilling something on it.

I was finally in the event with Michael who apparently wrote the script. Now, it’s no longer a film awards but a beauty contest. The announcer introduces the girls and ends with the phrase “umagang kay ganda,” which I found a bit silly but fabulous nonetheless. Michael is giddy with delight. He loves beaucons. Our boss joins us and explains why the phrase “umagang kay ganda” works.

Now there is a young girl in a hideous cheap gown coming out of a chapel or a function room. I’m not exactly her but I see everything from her point of view. She buys fishballs and proceeds to the car to eat it. She’s trying not to spill on the dress but somehow I knew it was inevitable. She was going to spill something on it and get upset. A distraught friend joins her.

The friend then turns into Jen and we were somewhere along Elliptical Road hailing a cab. We were with my brother. Jen is seriously upset. She doesn’t tell me why but there is a grave look on her face. I invite her for a drink and she agrees. We were in a jeepney and a passenger climbs in. It is Tonio. Finally we decide to drink somewhere in North Edsa so we change rides. We go to a sorry-looking bus terminal and climb into a mini-bus. Jen sits behind me and chats with the other passengers who turn out to be her friends. In front of me was Juliet, a classmate from college. We chat briefly and she mentions that one of our classmates is now in the US working for a Japanese animation company, which was surprising because she never had any interest in animation.

Now, Jen is talking non-stop about her former boyfriend. She is, as usual, upset about their relationship. We were in Edsa walking towards SM North. She tells me that her ex-boyfriend now earns big bucks, bigger in fact than a doctor’s but still he treats her with hostility. As we were about to cross the highway, a huge rally comes in along with a few cute foreigners. There was something ridiculous about their outfits but I no longer remember what they looked like.

I woke up with Chichi sleeping beside me. It was a fitful night for me. I would wake up every few hours or so for no reason at all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

sop tips (o kung papaano huwag matakot makipagtalik sa telepono)

para sa masa <em>(or why the eraserheads, even if they are still together, can't possibly sing "toyang" over and over again)</em>

FEAR AND LOATHING IN SAGADA