the world is our playground and we will always be home

8:22am. just came from my mother's house. haven't gotten any sleep because falling asleep is one of the things that i find difficult to do ever since i was a kid. the other one is peeing. i lay on the bed listening to up dharma. it's the same song that i keep playing over and over again back when we were still in the old apartment. the same song that i listened to when i first fell in love with the boyfriend. i look up and there he is looming above me, framed by the white ceiling. i tell myself that if he stoops down to kiss me i'm going to get a book and start reading. but he doesnt kiss me so i didn't move. he went to the kitchen and started cleaning up. i tell myself that if he asks me if i want coffee then i'll turn over and shift position. he doesnt say anything or perhaps the music is just too loud. i keep on dreaming. the song ends and i press play again. i look beyond the door and watch the blue sky with the white clouds. it's a beautiful day despite the fact that pagasa has announced that there is a storm coming. the boyfriend enters the room and i tell myself that if he snuggles beside me then ill start typing what is on my mind. he does lay on the bed and so i start typing this. he runs his hands on my back and gives me a massage. i tell myself that if he touches the back of my neck then i'll stop writing and try to sleep. he rubs my shoulders. i wait in anticipation. and i wait. and i wait. until he finally does and i start shutting down.

Comments

Zai Zai said…
hi mario! i too play the world is our playground and we will always be home again and again, but has now moved on to sana, from the new album.

and i too, play the game of "i'll do this if he.." :)
bwisit! said…
i love i love up dharma. oo nga maganda rin yung new album nila. trip ko yung "taya".

hmmm... are we giving our boyfriends too much control of our lives? hehehe! but it's a fun game when especially when there's only the two of you and there's nothing to do... btw, i must say that you make such a cute couple!
Zai Zai said…
hehe me too, love love up dharma. they are the best. i love taya too, has a nice video :)

oo nga, aside from jerjer, the let the bf control my actions game is fun. i fear nagiging dependent nga lang ako masyado :)
bwisit! said…
hahaha hay, ang sweet ninyo talaga pramis! pagnagka-show ako ng tulad ng Out gagawin ko kayong case study ha! hehehehe!

Popular posts from this blog

sop tips (o kung papaano huwag matakot makipagtalik sa telepono)

para sa masa <em>(or why the eraserheads, even if they are still together, can't possibly sing "toyang" over and over again)</em>

FEAR AND LOATHING IN SAGADA