Saan Nagtatago si Happiness?

4:53pm. Alone in Cubao. Am watching the people outside while listening to Ryuichi Sakamoto. Suddenly I sense that something is wrong. I try to think of my deadlines. Of things I left in the house. Of future deadlines. Of bills and existing hurdles. Actually nothing's wrong. Im just happy right at this very minute. Happiness, now there's a strange sensation. Well, strange for me at least. I pause for a minute and try to relish the moment. I'm actually happy, I tell myself. Isn't that something. Oh god, what does this mean. I'm iscared.

Comments

ie said…
I think we're not really used to happiness. That's why it feels weird against our skins.

Just a thought.
bwisit! said…
that's true. it's like being used to working under extreme stress and then taking a looooong vacation. masaya pero parang weird.
rochelle said…
wow, so you are actually happy? talk about strange. i won't be surprised if rivers turn to blood next bwahahaha!
rochelle said…
wow, so you are actually happy? talk about strange. i won't be surprised if rivers turn to blood next bwahahaha!
ie said…
Now that we're on the subject, a prof once said that it's easier and more practical to be a pessimist. Cause when you're a pessimist, it's either the usual thing, or a really, really good other thing.

I think it's the same with loneliness. It's easier to just dwell with melancholy. At least when something out of the ordinary comes along, it'll be a really nice surprise. :)
Allen Yuarata said…
happiness can be found even on the darkest of sides. But only remember to turn on the light.

nice blog.

Popular posts from this blog

sop tips (o kung papaano huwag matakot makipagtalik sa telepono)

para sa masa <em>(or why the eraserheads, even if they are still together, can't possibly sing "toyang" over and over again)</em>

FEAR AND LOATHING IN SAGADA