battle royale + geek suffering + conrado de quiros = salvation?


I knew I was going to have a crappy day when the bus that I jumped into was playing Battle Royale on DVD. I struggled not to laugh as the Japanese kid with a chainsaw for a leg ripped her opponent into two. I could just hear the passengers' jaw dropping on the floor with each violent scene. It was so horrible that I almost wished that I was going to Taft and not to GMA so I could watch the entire movie. I went down the bus giddy with delight. I was so damn amused that I knew at that moment I was going to have a bloody Saturday.

Fast forward to 9pm. I was walking home feeling a little dejected. The winds were already howling by then and I could feel the storm coming in. I felt like Harvey Pekkar. I was like a character on some Daniel Clowes comic book. I realized that I like reading stories about geek suffering but I never really liked being a geek. I'll be honest, I've always wanted to be a beauty queen instead. I was already a few blocks away from our house when I saw someone wearing a T-shirt that says "Struggling Artist." I am most emphatically not an artist. I'm not even a writer in the proper sense of the word. But somehow I felt that the moment was significant. As I ponder on what the universe was telling me, I then spotted Conrado De Quiros coming out of the compound. Hmmm, I thought, the universe is telling me something. I tried to connect the dots: Battle Royale, stressful night, T-shirt, and conrado de quiros. Then I realized that it's useless to any make sense of it as life doesnt exactly make any sense at all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

sop tips (o kung papaano huwag matakot makipagtalik sa telepono)

para sa masa (or why the eraserheads, even if they are still together, can't possibly sing "toyang" over and over again)

FEAR AND LOATHING IN SAGADA