bad day

I woke up at around 10 in the morning. I checked my phone and saw four messages, all of them bearing very bad news. The first one informed me that the check, which I have been waiting for since last year, has yet to be cleared. The other three suggested the presence of a major philistine in the midst. I made some coffee, lit a cigarette, and braced myself for another heinous day.

I went back to my room and started reading a book to shake off my anger. Last night I started reading Dune out of boredom. I’ve been meaning to read Dune but I couldn’t get pass the first page: Too many strange words. I guess my mind was just preoccupied with work then because last night everything sunk in easily. I’m now reading the part where Paul, the chosen one, has finally arrived in Arrakis, the spice planet. And as early as now, I’m already hooked. It reminds me of one of my favorite books of all time: Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring. After reading the first few pages, I checked my note at the last page. I usually put the date of purchase at the last page whenever I have a new book. I couldn’t believe that I bought it in 1999.

After having lunch with the boyfriend, I repaired to the internet cafĂ© in our building and sent out a few e-mails. I’ve been surfing for a few minutes when suddenly the internet connection was cut-off. Great, I’m having one of those days again, the kind where every imaginable set-back is thrown in my direction. I tried not to make a big deal out of it but anger and frustration threaten to spill into every fiber of my body. In the last two years, I’ve had a dozen spectacularly bad days. From the moment I wake up until the last seconds before I sleep, a million obstacles are sent in my direction. Sometimes the day is so spectacularly bad it’s actually funny. It just makes me wonder why God even bother to torture me when it is easier to just throw a banana peel in my path and let me slip and fall into a manhole filled with human shit and let me die a shitty death. It’s not original but at least He no longer has to concoct elaborate ways on how to torture me. My only hope is that He gives me enough time to figure out if He is a misanthropist or a sadist.

may 2008

Comments

Ate Sienna said…
hay naku.. pag bad trip, bad trip talaga...

Popular posts from this blog

sop tips (o kung papaano huwag matakot makipagtalik sa telepono)

para sa masa (or why the eraserheads, even if they are still together, can't possibly sing "toyang" over and over again)

FEAR AND LOATHING IN SAGADA