Don't I look so writerly?


I write more often when I am depressed. I don't know, there is something about being in the pits that reminds me that I am still alive. And when I can feel every iota of pain that is coming out of my body, every gash, every skin that has been broken, that's when writing becomes extremely fun.

Last year, around August as well, I was again frustrated with my life (a pretty common occurrence as my friends soon found out). I remember going out of the house at midnight with no definite plan or destination. As I sent text messages to my friends, I dropped by an internet cafe in Timog and started blogging. I wrote about how I felt that night. How I looked and felt shitty. Then I went out and got drunk in Malate. I had so much fun that night that the next day I went back to the cafe and wrote about what happened.

I soon realized that it is easier to be a writer when you have something to write about. This, however, doesn't mean that I consider myself as a full-fledged writer. I mean, even Clinton Palanca has trouble calling himself a writer and he's a published author. Now, where does that leave me? I haven't even published a short story or even a poem. But until I am able to write something significant, something monumental, something that would make readers spit expletives, I guess, the next best thing to do is, well, get a life.


caption: My Jessica-Zafra-drunk-in-my-own-misery pose

Comments

Ate Sienna said…
writing is easy.

writing something that actually makes sense... that's the hard part.

Popular posts from this blog

sop tips (o kung papaano huwag matakot makipagtalik sa telepono)

para sa masa (or why the eraserheads, even if they are still together, can't possibly sing "toyang" over and over again)

FEAR AND LOATHING IN SAGADA